Suppose you’re thinking about getting married; congratulations! Planning your wedding can be daunting, but don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. Below is a list of things to remember as you plan your big day.
Determine Your Budget
When planning a wedding, it’s important to have a budget in mind. Having a realistic estimate of your costs will help you stay within your desired financial constraints while ensuring that your wedding is beautiful and unforgettable. Here are some tips to help you determine your budget:
1. Start by creating a list of all the costs associated with planning and hosting a wedding. These may include venue fees, caterers, flowers, rentals, photographers, etc.
2. Once you have a good idea of the total cost of your dream wedding, consider other important factors, such as your guest list size and the number of events you would like to include.
Make a Guest List
When planning a wedding, it’s important to have a guest list. Not only will it help you keep track of who is coming, but also it can help you determine how much money to spend on catering and other wedding expenses.
Here are some tips for creating a guest list:
1. Start by making a list of your friends and family members who are likely to attend your wedding. You can also reach out to people you don’t know as well but whom you think would be interested in attending your wedding. If you want to invite more people than you have space for, consider inviting couples or groups of friends instead of individuals.
2. Once you have a list of potential guests, start thinking about who might be able to come and why they would be a good fit for your wedding.
Hire a Wedding Planner
Choosing the right wedding planner can make or break your wedding. Here are some factors to consider when searching for a planner:
- Are you organised and like to handle everything yourself? If so, a solo planner may be perfect for you.
- Do you want someone who is solely responsible for the day-of coordination? If so, choose a coordinator.
- Do you have specific ideas about what type of wedding you’d like and don’t want to be bothered with details? A “custom wedding planning” service may be perfect for you.
- Think about your budget. Wedding planners typically charge by the hour, so deciding how much time you’d like them to spend on your wedding and what services (if any) will be included in that time frame is important.
Decide Formality and Overall Theme
When planning a wedding, deciding on the overall theme and how formal or informal it will be is important. If you have a more traditional wedding with lots of formality, choosing a more formal wedding theme may be important. Alternatively, if you are looking for an intimate ceremony with few guests, you may prefer a more casual theme. Decide what feels right for you and your fianće, and make sure to mix in elements of both styles throughout your planning process!
Select the Venue
When it comes to wedding planning, there are so many options available. But which one is the right fit for your unique wedding? Here’s a list of some popular wedding venues and why they might be a good choice for you:
Theatre: A theatre can provide an intimate setting for your wedding. Plus, it has a lot of history and prestige so it could give your wedding some extra oomph.
Hotels: A hotel can accommodate almost any kind of wedding. From small weddings with just a few guests to large weddings with hundreds of guests, hotels offer everything you need to have the perfect ceremony and reception.
Golf Courses: Golf courses are often used for outdoor weddings because they offer stunning views that can be incorporated into the ceremony or reception.
Select the Caterer
When planning a wedding, it’s important to choose the right caterer. Many great options are available nowadays, and deciding which is the perfect fit for your event can be hard. Here are some tips to help you narrow down your choices:
1. Consider your budget. The best caterers offer high-quality food at reasonable prices, so be sure to factor in how much you’re willing to spend. Some of the top wedding kitchens offer packages that include everything from appetisers to desserts.
2. Think about what kind of food you’d like. Many caterers offer a variety of menus, so you can find something that fits both your taste and your dietary restrictions.
Hire an Officiant
Wedding planning can be a daunting task, but with the help of an officiant, it can be made much easier. An officiant can provide guidance and support during the planning process and help smooth any bumps in the road. Here are some key things to keep in mind when hiring an officiant:
1. Choose someone who will fit well with your wedding style. Some couples prefer an informal ceremony, while others prefer a more formal affair. Make sure you choose an officiant who will mesh well with your vision for your wedding.
2. Consider their availability and experience. It is important to find someone available for both your ceremony and reception, as well as someone with a lot of experience conducting weddings. Someone without previous experience may not be able to cater to all of your needs adequately.
Choose Your Cake
When it comes to wedding planning, there are a lot of decisions to be made. Which type of cake should you choose? What kind of flavours should be included? But one decision that may not seem as important is the cake’s flavour. After all, who cares what flavour their wedding cake is, right? There are a few reasons why choosing a flavour for your wedding cake is important.
First, choosing a flavour for your wedding cake can add personality and character to your event. It can also help tie in certain elements of your wedding ceremony or reception. For example, guests will likely associate that flavour with the tropical setting if you’re having a beach-themed wedding and selecting a coconut-flavoured cake as your dessert option.
Second, many couples prefer different cake flavours at their weddings so everyone can have their favourite.
Pick Up Your Marriage License
Licenses are important, and not just for getting married! If you have any special event planned, like a birthday party or a graduation ceremony, obtaining the appropriate licenses is crucial to ensuring everything goes as planned. Here are some of the licenses you’ll need to pick up before your special day: Marriage License, Birth Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate, and Proof of Residence. Remember to gather any other documentation required by law, like hotel reservations or catering contracts. Once you have all the necessary documents, it’s time to start planning your perfect day!
In conclusion, here are some practical tips to help you get started on your wedding planning:
- Start by compiling a list of the important details, like your venue and date, and then create a timeline to ensure everything is done promptly.
- Create a budget and stick to it, as weddings can often be expensive.
- Spend time researching vendors and choosing the best ones for your needs.
Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comments.
What do most brides forget at a wedding?
A lot of people forget to ask for the bride’s and groom’s wedding dates, which is a key detail when planning the wedding. The most common mistakes brides make are RSVPing too late or not sending a thank you note.
What is a decent budget for a wedding?
The average cost of a wedding in the United States is $28,000. That number is based on the average amount spent per person for a wedding in 2016. The cost varies depending on where you live and how extravagant your wedding will be. For example, if you are getting married in Florida and planning to have a destination wedding, your budget can go up to $100,000 or more. The average person spends about $5,000 on their wedding day alone.
What is the normal schedule for a wedding?
A wedding is a big event that takes many hours and days to plan. It can be overwhelming for the bride and groom, especially when they have to think about what will happen on the wedding day. The normal schedule for a wedding is the engagement party, the ceremony, the reception, and the wedding night.